If you’re looking to hire a freelance writer, having a rough idea of their rates will help feedback your options to your team.
Here’s everything you’ll need to know about my freelancing rates, and the process of working with me:
How do you quote?
I base my freelance writing quotes on a per-project basis. You’re paying for the value of my writing (and the ROI the finished product will deliver), rather than the time it took me to create it.
Since I’m not an employee of yours, my rates also include the added benefits of:
- Not having me on your payroll system
- Not having other overheads of employing me in your office
- Not providing me with employee benefits (like pensions, holidays and insurance)
- Quick turnaround times
How much do you charge?
Standard rates for bylined blog content are as follows:
- < 1,000 words: £150
- 1,000 – 1,999 words: £250
- 2,000 – 2,999 words: £350
- 3,000+ words: £450+
My rates include SEO optimization (including meta titles and descriptions), image sourcing and one revision.
I also offer retainer services to clients who’re looking for 4+ projects per month.
Ghostwritten content is charged separately, and I quote for this on a per-project basis.
My prices start at this rate because you’re paying for quality. Without tooting my horn too much, I’ve helped brands see incredible results from content I’ve created for them — and I’m bringing in experience I’ve gained by writing for industry publications like HubSpot, Socia Media Examiner and Smart Insights.
How do you onboard new clients?
Every project I complete works by following this process:
- You get in touch and share your project requirements, and I’ll reply to your enquiry within 72 hours.
- We’ll jump on a 15-minute call to talk about the goals of your content, your target ideas, and any ideas you have in mind. (We can do this by email, if you prefer.)
- I’ll send a contract for you to sign, based on what we discussed.
- Once signed, I’ll write a structure of the article idea/s we discussed. This will be with you within 3 working days.
- You approve the outline, or request for me to make edits.
- I’ll start writing the full draft, which will be with you within 5 working days.
- You’ll approve the article, or request for me to make edits.
- Invoice is sent and due within 15 days.
Fancy getting started?
I’m currently booking B2B clients who want to create marketing content for their blog.
I write about digital marketing and eCommerce for B2B brands – including SEO, content strategy and social media.
Sound like something you’d be interested in? I’d love to hear from you.